Dear Potential Group Leaders,
We are excited to share with you that we have started planning Convivio 2019 and we would like to invite you to prayerfully consider being a group leader!
Convivio 2019 will be the weekend of March 1st-3rd, 2018, at Sacred Heart University. In order for Convivio to be successful, we will need a big team of volunteers working at all levels. Among them, group leaders play an essential role as they are responsible for accompanying the participants throughout the weekend and helping them to dive deeper into their faith and grow in their relationship with the Lord. Thus, we are looking for young men and women who:
- have a personal commitment to the Lord Jesus, are passionate about their faith and want to share it with others, participate regularly in the Sacraments, have a prayer life, and love the Catholic Church and her teachings.
- are able to attend all the days of Convivio (Fri., March 1st: 4pm-9pm; Sat. March 2nd: 9am-9pm; and Sun., March 3rd: 9am – 4pm).
- are willing to form their own consciences and learn about the topics of the weekend and the methodology. Group leaders are required to attend both a formation and methodology meeting from the options available:
- successfully complete a test after attending the formation meeting and training.
- have attended at least one CONVIVIO as a participant and are a junior or senior at high school (Applicable to high school students); or
- are open to completing virtus training, background checks and any other requirement set forth by the Diocese (applicable to young adults).
Being a group leader is a great way to give of your time and talents and serve the Lord. If you are interested in applying, please fill out this application form.
If accepted, all group leaders must attend a group leaders training on the theme and actives on January 4th from 5:30-8 pm and January 5th from 9 -11:30 am at St. Pius X Parish in Fairfield, CT.
A committee will review your application and inform you of their decision. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at: [email protected] or message ConvivioCT on Instagram or Facebook.
Please keep Convivio in your prayers! Be assured of our prayers for you as well!
In Christ and Mary,
The Convivio Team
For a schedule of the upcoming VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children Awareness Training, CLICK HERE.
If you registered and attended a Live VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children training and completed a criminal background check in the past, and you are now due to complete re-certification, CLICK HERE and follow the instructions.